Monday, December 29, 2008

Long Time NO Blog!!

On Christmas Eve, Daniel spoke at our annual Christmas Eve service at church and he did a great job as usual!! Then afterwards Daniel and I had dinner at our dear friends/neighbors' house (the Dockter's) The night was filled with a few games of Yahtzee and just chatting for hours. It was so great to have that fellowship with them. They have been such a God send since we have been out here. This year was our first Christmas as a married couple and it was definitely different than what we each are used to for Christmas. Since we were away from family, we were both out of our norm. We missed family!! Yeah, Christmas still means so much with celebrating Christ's birth, but family is so important, too!! We made the most of it and enjoyed each other's company. And we did watch the Lutz clan open their gifts which was fun, too!! 
 I had work off Thursday and Friday, so that was AWESOME!!  We are hooked on NCIS and we watched a lot of those together. It felt good just relaxing!! I got a lot of organizing, cooking, and baking done with being home!! It felt so GOOD! I especially enjoyed the time spent with Daniel. We went to a movie and went out to dinner one night. It was definitely hard going back to work today!! Ugh! WE SURE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO COMING TO MICHIGAN THIS WEEKEND TO CELEBRATE A BELATED CHRISTMAS WITH FAMILY!! We fly out 3:30 in the morning New Year's Day and stay until Sunday at 3:30 PM. We are going to have to savor every moment because we won't be coming back for a while....
I have been meaning to post some pictures of our place that we have been renting!! Let me just say that it has been such a blessing having this place to live. We have a dishwasher, washer/dryer, a fenced in back yard, two-car garage, and most of all we have our OWN place instead of sharing an apartment with others. It's amazing what a difference those things I listed make, especially since we went so long without them!! I also have to mention that we have the BEST neighbors, the Dockters!!  Its been a nice change. So here is a picture of our place....I tried to download others but it took way too long and I really didn't feel like waiting for them to download....so this will have to do for now.

3 comments:

amanda said...

i love your house! so cute! and so wonderful that you have good neighbors! and the washer/dryer, dishwasher & garage - AWESOME!!

I am glad you guys had a good Christmas, I thought about you both a lot - its nice that you get to be home this week. Enjoy your time, laugh hard, be silly, hug lots...

thanks for the update. i check both your & Dan's blogs nearly every day (what can I say, I am a dork).

Journey Ministry said...

OH you don't know how EXCITED we are to have you home in just a few hours!!!! ELATED---THRILLED--JOYOUS!

David and Casey said...

Your place is adorable! I want to visit so bad! Can't wait to see you guys soon!