Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let it SNOW!!

Today I heard on the radio that North Dakota reached a record high for snowfall in December which was 33+ inches. We got 12 inches alone from last night until about 2:00 PM this afternoon. It was so fun watching it come down!! Snow is definitely not taken lightly out here!! Having our F-150 with four-wheel drive is AWESOME in this type of weather, given that we can drive through about anything!! The snow banks are SO tall! Although, one of the downfalls about all the snow out here is that there will be some amount of flooding in the spring. I captured a picture after work today to let you see our collection of snow....

 

3 comments:

amanda said...

oh my! that is a lot of snow, wish I could send the boys to hang out for an afternoon in it!

I am glad you have a vehicle that can manuever through all that!

12-arrows said...

that is absolutely beautiful. Like it came straight from a book!

junglemama said...

I love that picture. I have never walked through snow--- how fun! I'm sure it gets old to you though.