Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Cherished Weekend!!
Well, on Thursday night I got a phone call from my dear Grandma Wright and she was just letting us know that they were only about two hours away from Wahpeton and that they would be coming over on Friday afternoon sometime!! Yippee!
Both grandma and grandpa took a three week trip out west and they made a point to stop by our place before returning home! When they finish their trip on Tuesday in Ohio, where they live, they will have visited about 20 states! I tell you, it amazes me and I commend them for their adventurous spirits and wanting to take such a big trip! They even brought their sleeping bags and tent because they camped out quite a few times during their journey! They saw Mt. Rushmore, Garden of the gods, the Badlands, Colorado Springs, Yellowstone National Park, and much more. Grandma says that she is glad that she took this trip, but she would never want to live out west due to wanting to stay around where she grew up and be with family!
I am so thankful that God has blessed me and Daniel with great godly grandparents! And I was just thinking of what great examples they are to have been married for 51 years now and still serving the Lord so evidently! Wow, so cool! Thank you God for placing them in my life! I am to be forever grateful for all their love and support all these years!! 
We have loved their company so much. Since Friday when they arrived we have spent time chatting about their trip and their stories, looking at pictures, watching movies, watching college football (mainly g-pa and Daniel), playing cornhole (grandpa's favorite!), shopping downtown Wahpeton (g-ma and I went and had such fun), playing with Takota, and just enjoying time with each other. And tomorrow all this has to come to an end and they are going to go and finish their trek home. Daniel and I tried to persuade them to stay longer but they need to get back.....BUMMER! It's so nice to have FAMILY out here with us! There is nothing like it! I just HATE goodbyes! They are so stinkin hard for me...but that's life. I am just thankful we were able to spend this time with them and we will have these memories to remember. 
  

3 comments:

12-arrows said...

I am so glad you had your grandparents come for a sweet visit! What fun it must have been and what precious memories you will have of them there! Your post brought tears to my eyes because I know just how much you love you love them and my heart aches for you because I know how much you will miss them!

Luke Hays said...

I'm so happy that you were able to spend that time with Grandma and Grandpa Wright. Just like you, I love them so much. We have quite an amazing godly heritage, don't we? It sure will be good to have the whole family together again at Christmas! Also, it was great hearing your voice again on the phone last night. You are such a blessing, and I love having you as my only sister!

David and Casey said...

What a great surprise and blessing! I'm sure any bit of family brings joy to both you and Daniel. Enjoy them while they are there.