Monday, September 29, 2008

I Got Tagged...

So my lovely mother-in-law tagged me and I have to tell seven facts about myself. So here they are. Hope you enjoy!

1. After a family trip, when I was 9 yrs old, I was just so annoyed of my brothers that I decided to write a list of "why girls were better than boys." We sent it in to Focus on the Family and believe it or not....James Dobson published it in his monthly newsletter and in a couple of his parenting books. 

2. My favorite sport to play, by far, is softball. I have played ball since I was about 5 years old and man do I love it! And it's kind of  funny....the first team I ever played on when I was 5 was an all boys team, but that didn't make a difference to me. I was out there to play some ball!!

3. Until a year ago, I had a fear of swallowing pills. When I was 13 or 14 I got one of those long vitamins stuck in my throat and it really scared me! And speaking of vitamins...I never liked taking them...my mom would have us eat one with breakfast every morning and being the rebellious child, I hid mine in a drawer in the kitchen table when she wasn't looking. A few months later....she was looking in that drawer and there was about 100 vitamins in there....oops! 

4. I love to ride bike (when I have the time to!) It is so peaceful and at the same time I am able to go fast and it's a good work out! Also, I love to ride my grandpa's tandem bike with him when I visit them! And before moving out to North Dakota, mom and I would enjoy getting out and riding! Good memories!

5. I love anything crafty, artsy, or creative! Art was one of my favorite classes in high school....I have kept a few of my art pieces and hope to frame them someday. I hope to getting back to doing some art in my spare time in the near future, too. Okay funny story about being "crafty"...when I was little I would use my mom's left over wrapping paper and I would wrap random things around the house and give my parents "gifts" to open.

6. I am a very antsy and anxious type of person...for example when I take tests I have to be doing some type of movement like tapping my pencil, tapping my feet on the floor, cracking knuckles, tapping fingers on table, etc...so this past semester in college that I was in, the lady that sat at my table next to me informed me that when it came to taking tests she couldn't concentrate due to my jitteriness. So whenever we would have a test she would work her way to an open table in the back of the room. Ha, ha...I thought it was quite funny. 

7. For those who know me this is obvious but....I love to EAT! And I am not a picky eater! I will eat about anything except asparagus, cabbage, or coleslaw. So when it comes to eating out at a restaurant don't ask me because if it's food....just about anything sounds good.




9 comments:

12-arrows said...

Elizabeth you are just TOO CUTE! I espeically loved the first one about boys. LOL I can just see you doing that too! and how funny, you grew up with two brothers, and married into a family of 10 brothers! I love ya Girl!!!!! thanks for taking the time to do this,actually, its kind of fun learning some undisclosed facts about others.

David and Casey said...

I loved that Liz! I'm glad I learned a few new things about you. In a corny way, it makes me feel closer to you, since you're far away. Thanks for sharing!

David and Casey said...

oh yeah, by the way......i totally did same thing with my vitamins! i didn't have a fear of swallowing them, but i just hated the taste of them. So, we had this basket on our dining room table and they were all stashed there!! LOL

Luke Hays said...

Elizabeth - I love this entry! You have always been so full of life, and I can understand all of the seven facts you listed EXCEPT number 1. We boys aren't ever annoying, are we? :)

Sarah M. said...

So, how many brothers do you have?

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life is Good said...

I have two brothers, one older and one younger. Then I have nine wonderful brother-in-laws, too! But I love it!

Sarah said...

That is funny about the vitamins. I never liked swallowing pills growing up either. And I love asparagus... but I promise not to make it on Monday night. :)

Jacqueline said...

7 is very funny Liz!!!